Information on COVID-19
We have compiled a comprehensive catalogue of recommendations for your utmost safety and quick reopenings at our hotels & resorts.
The concept for our own hotel brands Sentido, lti, Calimera, Primasol, COOEE and Playitas is based on recommendations from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and well-known hygiene companies with which DER Touristik already works in the destinations. In addition, DER Touristik draws on the expertise and advice of the well-known analytical laboratory of Dr. Andreas Kneißler. In this way, we prepare our hotels for the implementation of national hygiene standards adapted to the Corona crisis. For the further development of the document and the relaunch of our travel business, DER Touristik is in continuous close exchange with the national and international authorities.
Main features for all areas:
- Generally reinforced/specialised cleaning and spacing rules in all our public areas. The recommended distance of 1.5 metres between guests and staff within the entire hotel premises must be respected and maintained
- Frequent disinfection of all public and non-public areas with the special cleaning agents awarded by HACCP
- Effective and constant cleaning of high-touch items (e.g. reception counters, door handles, sink handles, TV remote control, lift buttons, payment card readers, ATMs, etc.)
- Occupancy of the lift only with a small number of persons, in accordance with the general regulations of the respective country
- Placement of sufficient country disinfection stations throughout the facility for guests and staff
- Installation of temperature control stations at the entrances of all hotels and restaurants
- Placing information boards and materials to explain behaviours and rules in our hotels in high traffic areas
SEHA (SOCIAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND HEALTH AGENT) AND STAFF:
- A specially trained environmental and hygiene agent assists in each hotel
- The SEHA agent is the contact person for guests' questions and has the contacts of all important offices such as doctors, hospitals and authorities
- All staff are required to wear protective masks and gloves if necessary
- All hotels receive a guide including training before the first arrival for all staff
- All staff receive regular training on the prevention of COVID-19 as they progress.
- Regular verification of measures by DTHR, Cristal, POSI, SGS and other recognised societies
- Standardised self-audit mandatory before firstarrival and review by DTHR Operations Team
- Provision of infrared thermometers to carry out temperature checks on staff, suppliers and guests when required, particularly in entrance areas and enclosed spaces such as restaurants, gyms, Spar, children's areas, etc.
- More space due to less seating and with safe spacing
- A prevention plan was prepared for each house along with an emergency and quarantine plan
- Delivery of an information sheet for guests with the national regulations
- Set up protection systems such as partitions and distance points at reception and counters
- Assistance at check-in by the Ambassador and SEHA Agent Masks are stocked at reception (for guests without masks to bring)
- Introduction of user-friendly swab tests to detect adenosine triphosphate (ATP) on (room) key surfaces
RESTAURANTS AND BARS:
- Reduction of seating in restaurants, setting meal times if necessary
- Restaurant opening hours have been extended Guests are escorted to their previously set table
- More food outlets or portioned plate meals, depending on the hotel's ability
- Use of gourmet plates
- Use of disposable paper or cardboard items
- Opening the à la carte restaurant(s) when necessary
- A maximum number of people will be set for the bar
- Drinks will be served only - self-service containers/machines will be eliminated
- More service and less self-service
- The distance in the restaurants/bars should be at least 2 metres (6.5 ft) between groups/families not travelling together. We recommend a max.occupancy of one person per 2.5 sqm
- The Mini Club will only be able to accommodate up to 8 children with registration, depending on size
- Only low-contact events, sports and games with small numbers of participants will be offered (e.g. no football or water polo)
- Use of the fitness room only possible with registration, subject to maximum occupancy depending on space available. Reduction of the number of machines
- Extensive cleaning and disinfection. Removal of stationery, decorative cushions and other decorative materials
- Cleaning by specifically trained staff with necessary protective equipment provided by us
POOLS AND BEACH:
- More space as fewer guests are allowed in the pool
- Distance rules also apply for sunbed and beach use, depending on national regulations, but at least 1.5 metres between sunbeds/beds
- Generally, the wearing of a face mask is subject to the respective national regulations! Please inform yourselves before departure!
We encourage and support the use of digital media such as the TV or screens to disseminate and make easily available general information about the hotel, menus, brochures and all available services, as well as the hygiene and cleaning rules to be followed.